Cyberpunk is a postmodern and science fiction genre noted for its focus on “high tech and low life.” The name was originally coined by Bruce Bethke as the title of his short story “Cyberpunk,” published in 1983. It features advanced science, such as information technology and cybernetics, coupled with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order.
These photomanipulated artworks are among the best ones I have seen not only on the topic of cyberpunk, but in the area of digital art in general.
- Watch Beautiful Cyberpunk Robots Battle in ROSA (impossibleastronaut.wordpress.com)
- Watch a complete 1990 documentary about cyberpunk, featuring a young William Gibson [Video] (io9.com)
- Cyberpunk ¦ digital photography – Toxic Alert by Terrorcat (davidjrodger.wordpress.com)
- Cyberpunk 2.0 (technollama.co.uk)
- William Gibson explains why cyberpunk was made to be co-opted [Quote Of The Day] (io9.com)